Non standard thinkness and removing door stop...HELP
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
suzie.rendell
Labourer
Labourer

Non standard thinkness and removing door stop...HELP

by suzie.rendell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Hello, I am having a first DIY nightmare and am a complete novice. We were a little confident and decoded not just to decorate the hall but to change all the doors. We carefully made sure that we bought the right width and length of door, but assumed that thickness of door was standard. OH how wrong. After several attempts at hanging and finding out that it would not close despite, attempting to shave off all aspects ts of the door and using two different types of hinges we were only left with one other option - to take out the door stop.

I then have attempted to take out the door stop with a chisel and hammer and have lost hope after i found out it did not make a difference!!! i am at a complete loss now and have ended up with a door that will not close and a half eaten door stop which i have no idea how to replace. I have tried to find a 3mm door but have little luck unless i want to pay about £300!!! The problem does not just stop there...i have another door with exactly the same problems.

Any advice on how to repair a door stop and also on the question on how i could approach the other one would be greatly appreciated!!

many thansk

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 pm

suzie.rendell,
If you have internal door linings you should be able to prise off the door stop - it may be stuck in place with paint and nailed.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:40 pm