Odd Sized Soft Close Toilet Seat on an Enclosed Toilet pan

Postby proxyironman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I have a soft close toiler seat on an enclosed toilet pan. The pins on the toilet are only 11.5 cm apart (see attachments) and I can't find a toilet seat to fit these dimensions. The brand does not appear anywhere on the seat and it was in place when we bought the house.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Stephen
Attachments
principaute-premium-toilet-seat.jpg
Toilet Dimensions
pin.jpg
Toilet Pins
proxyironman
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi

On looking at the company website that supplied the first image that you have included "tradewashrooms" it appears that they do supply a seat that may do the job: https://www.tradewashrooms.co.uk/toilet ... ilet-seat/

It may be a good idea to contact them directly just to make sure that it will indeed fit.

Alternatively, do you know who manufactured the toilet? If so, may be worth contacting them to see if they can tell you who manufactured the seat.

Hope this helps
thedoctor

Postby proxyironman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have said I just downloaded that image of the seat to allow me write the seat measurements. I don't know where the seat came from originally.

The main issue is the 11.5cm difference between the pins as it seems it a non standard.
proxyironman
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!