Oil to Gas?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bronno
Labourer
Labourer

Oil to Gas?

by Bronno » Wed May 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi there

I''ve just bought my first house with the intention of doing a bit of improvement and renovation - hoping to sell it on for a little bit extra so I can pay back the old man on the deposit.

Anyway, its an oil boiler. A builder I've had round has found the oil pipe above the ground in the lounge while removing an old fireplace. He say's I need to get this below ground - but has suggested changing to gas.

I've had a horribly large quote off British Gas (over the phone mind you), and I wanted to see what people's opinions were regarding changing to gas. Is it worth it? Will it make a big difference to house value? I'm obviously a complete novice on these things and any advice would be really appreciated.

Reynoldspc
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Reynoldspc » Sun May 06, 2007 12:21 am

With the drop in gas prices and the high efficiency of new boilers gas would be a good idea. Get at least 3 estimates and see what they are all going to offer. Depending when you got your quote from British Gas they are currently running different offers, this month there is £400 off the price, makes it a bit more realistic.

Bronno
Labourer
Labourer

by Bronno » Thu May 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Cheers, will look into it a bit more - had pretty much decided to stick with the oil but I'll see if I can get a better price.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1