DIY Doctor

Old Heating System Overflow

Postby andy p » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:03 pm

I've tried to understand similar posts but I'm easily confused and not the most practical of guys. Basically,I have a steady trickle of water coming out of the oveflow pipe at the front of my house. In the cupbard by the loft I have 2 tanks. The larger one is about 20ins high and has a water level of about 16 ins.It feels like it is lapping over the overflow outlet. It is a bit hard to see what is going on because there is only a clearance space of a few inches between the top of the tank and the cupbard roof. The smaller tank is about 12 ins high but the water level in here is only 3 or 4 ins. I thought that maybe if I dropped the level of the ballcock in the big tank,that this might solve it though it is difficult to get at . Am I on the right lines?
andy p
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:41 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Yes, adjusting the ball valve so that the water level is lower should sort out your problem.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics