DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Old Style Switches

Postby Scottie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 pm

I have bought a 1935 house. I have been trying to change the light switch in my sons room, but there is no place to fix the 2 screws for the faceplate. The box that sits in the wall is the original with a tube that runs up the wall to the loft.
Does anyone know of where I can get a switch to fit to this wall box without having to use the 2 fixing screws?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:17 pm


Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Think you might get a better response by posting this topic to the electrics forum. I am not sure you can get a switch to fit this type of fitting any more particularly as new regulations are quite specific about all installations in the home.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics