One For Sparx
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnnyuhtar
Apprentice
Apprentice

One For Sparx

by johnnyuhtar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Sparx
Im sorry to bother you again - I asked a while ago about advice on test gear (Dilg 9083P) and in your reply you said you had a Dilog 9073 was wondering if it measures the same as your megger ?? only ask becaues read a review on it and the guy said it measured higher then his other tester !!! sorry to ask again just havent had any experience with testers and just want to get the right one The lecturer at collage sings meggers praise (but has'nt got one himself) We think he's on comition from the rep !!!
Thanks for your time and help Johnny Uhtar

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:27 am

Hi again, I have yet to find any 2 meters that agree!!!
I have a megger mft1502 as does my mate, they never agree,
All new meters come with cert of conformity ie a cal. sheet. I test mine on 2 sockets at home [one with rcd protection, one without] noted readings as new & as long as don't change each month or so I'm happy!
BTW most meters using 'no-trip' range will give much less accurate results than on normal ranges of loop impedance.
Megger has nice remote test button on probe so easy to use for 3 wire tests, but mine has just gone duff again on rotary switch, a well known fault, [denighed by megger reps], gonna take it back to Dover Factory and see what they say, it's only 30 mins from here.
you just have to go with one that looks like it means business I guess,
sorry but it's a personal thing,
regards SPARX

johnnyuhtar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Sparx

by johnnyuhtar » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Sparx

Thanks for the advice, I know what your saying about the personal thing Its like trying to recomend a pair of underpants !!!!
Thought no two testers would be the same just me doing my usual thing and looking to hard !!! (its an O,C,D thing)
Cheers again Johnny

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:01 am