One Switch per room sockets
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kristian
Apprentice
Apprentice

One Switch per room sockets

by Kristian » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:17 am

Can anyone advise/help??

I have very little knowledge of electrics. However, I am trying to design a system whereby all plug sockets in one room can be turned off by a single switch (similar to a light switch). I was thinking perhaps an extra wire could be connected to each plug socket on the circuit for that particular room, which would also be connected to the controlling switch. The switch could then be placed on the wall near the light switch. When leaving the house, instead of having to switch off each individual plug socket, this single switch could be turned off, which would control all the plug sockets simultaneously.

Is this a possibility?
Would it be difficult to do?
How would I connect this switch to power the particular plug sockets?

Many Thanks for your help

Kristian

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Kristian, don't even think about it!
It's all been done for you! go to B ig & Q wiks or other store or maplins electronic or other hobby electronics mag and buy plug through socket adaptors that work by a wireless 'Zapper' like a small TV remote, one fob operates up to 12 individual coded units either independantly or in groups of up to 4 per button, great got them all over the place here, brilliant at xmas, can turn off tree, outside decs, no fuss, also when kids/grandkids stay can turn off their music from our bedroom!!!!
Regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 pm