One Way 110mm Soil pipe valve
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Blotto
Labourer
Labourer

One Way 110mm Soil pipe valve

Post by Blotto » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:26 am

I'm about to start some new work which will include some remedial work to my bio-digester outfall (a Klargester BA).

This was installed in 1999 and works very well indeed, much better than any septic tank I've ever had, but that's bye-the-bye. My ex-next door neighbour (a recently deceased farmer) and I suffered some minor flooding last Autumn caused by copious run-off from a field. He spent a good deal of money attempting to manage this by diverting the run-off into the outfall pipe into the local brook. This works for him, but has caused me problems as the pipe now backs up flooding the bio-digester - which cost £500+ to repair last time.

As the mechanism replaced was already 13 years old, updating it was OK, but I wouldn't want to have to do it again on a regular basis!

What I have in mind is a one-way valve in the outfall pipe with a divert to a nearby ditch so any backup will exit there rather than flood my bio-digester. Trouble is, I can't find one anywhere - does anyone make them ?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: One Way 110mm Soil pipe valve

Post by collectors » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 am

This might work??
[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Backflow-Valve-Non-Return-Valve-Flood-Prevention-110mm-160mm-200mm-/221233597701?var=#vi-content[/url]

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm