Out Building Help and Advice Needed for Building Project
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rizzir
Labourer
Labourer

Out Building Help and Advice Needed for Building Project

Post by rizzir » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

I am planning to build out building in my garden.
I have been seen the planning portal and read few articles.
This is DIY project with help if builders.
I will be submitting building regulation application but i need your help to finalise few things.

Its Semi Detach Property

Current size of the House
7 Meter Wide from Front
6 Meter Deep

Total Area of the House : 42 Square Meter

I have very large garden at back of the House.

39 Meter Deep X 7 Meter Wide = Total Area 273 Square Meter

I also want to build Out Building
8.5 Meter Deep x 6.5 Meter Wide = 55.25 Square Meter

I have numbered the questions.

1. Am i allowed to build 55.25 square meter outbuilding

There is one cherry tree at the end of the garden. I read online that for cherry tree i need to dig foundation to the depth of 1.2 meter.

2 . Is this correct depth for cherry tree? 60 cm deep 120 cm deep

2. If i build 2 meter away from cherry tree, do i still have to dig 1.2 deep foundation?

3. If there was no tree what is the minimum depth and width of foundation should be?
60 cm wide
90 cm deep

4. I am planning to build on the boundary of my garden. Hight of the outbuilding allowed is 2.5 meter .Is this measured from ground level - meaning current garden ground level? what ground level were already slightly higher then remaining garden?

5. 55.25 Sqaure Meter area is large out building. Roof Trusses will be 6.65 meter long. Any idea what size of trusses i should be using? Do i need structure engineer to confirm this? will these calculation will be required for building regs.

I would appreciate any tips or advise you all can contribute.

Thanks in advance.

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Out Building Help and Advice Needed for Building Project

Post by diydoctor6 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:40 am

A quick call to your local planning office will answer question 1 and 4. and it highly recommended.

There is a section in our strip foundations page about trees (https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/st ... dation.htm) which will answer your question about trees - it all about BS5837!

Finally for your question on roof trusses you can see this project: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/roof_trusses.htm

Hopefully that answers everything!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1