Outside Earth Wire has been cut
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JoeB
Labourer
Labourer

Outside Earth Wire has been cut

Post by JoeB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 am

I am having a new patio installed and did some prep work getting the old slabs up. In the process, I notice I have cut the earth wire (not the main one) which ran from the handbasin in the bathroom in behind the bathroom tiled wall and out under the old patio and into the ground...does this sound right?
Now all I can find is the wire which runs from the ground back up to the edge of the house but cannot find the other bit which comes from the house....it must have snapped somewhere either in the wall or under the house.....what should I do now??
The bathroom in question has no electric shower, just a light switch outside the room, and I have oil heating......do I need to get someone in??

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

JoeB,
You probably need to get a sparky in to check your electric supply type which will dictate what earthing arrangement you need but this could be a recipe for a large bill. Try to get some independent advice first.
end

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:38 am

That sounds odd, as it should be you light that is supplementary bonded to the bathroom pipe work and no need to go outside and into ground.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 am