Outside light with PIR problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carfixz
Labourer
Labourer

Outside light with PIR problem

by carfixz » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:05 pm

I am in the process of fitting an outside light with PIR, i was hoping that i could just tap into the circuit for the light in my rear hall and add a double switch.Unfortunately i have encountered a few problems. The existing switch has only 2 wires (black and red) and an earth inside it, when i connectthe PIR light to the other side of the switch(i have run 2 small connector wires too between L1 and com) the light in the back hall goes dim??

Will i need to connect straight to the fuse board or am i wiring it completely wrong.

Thanks

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Outside light with PIR problem

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:58 pm

[quote="carfixz"]I am in the process of fitting an outside light with PIR, i was hoping that i could just tap into the circuit for the light in my rear hall and add a double switch.Unfortunately i have encountered a few problems. The existing switch has only 2 wires (black and red) and an earth inside it, when i connectthe PIR light to the other side of the switch(i have run 2 small connector wires too between L1 and com) the light in the back hall goes dim??

Will i need to connect straight to the fuse board or am i wiring it completely wrong.

Thanks[/quote]

CARFIXZ
ANYTHING OUTSIDE IS PART P NOTIFIABLE WORK.
YOU PROBALY DO NOT HAVE A NEUTRAL AT THE SWITCH
EITHER.
U NEED TO GET SOMEONE IN.
IDEALLY A NEW CIRCUIT FOR OUT SIDE LIGHTING FROM MAINS BOARD.

BLAKEY1963

carfixz
Labourer
Labourer

by carfixz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Ok cheers for that, tho part P does not apply to Scotland yet i think i will get someone in

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:42 pm