Outside tap not working and advice needed on fix
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bellae91
Labourer
Labourer

Outside tap not working and advice needed on fix

by Bellae91 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:11 pm

I've been living in my current home now for 2 months and with the warm weather I've needed to use the outside tap to water grass etc. However, the tap doesnt seem to be working. The pipe that's connected to the outside tap has washing machine taps running off it before you get to the tap on the outside. The hot water pipe is sealed off but the cold one is active and works fine for the washer. I'm not sure what the issue is as to why the outside tap isnt working. I've tried turning the cold washer tap off and turning the outside tap on but nothing happens. I'm guessing the stopcock for the outside tap is already turned on to allow the water for the washing machine? I'm a novice at this sort of stuff and with lockdown its been hard to get someone to look at it without asking a plumber as I dont want to be charged for something that could be very minor. I've attached a couple of photos that might help. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Attachments
20200528_150643_resized_2.jpg
20200528_150555_resized_1.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Outside tap not working and advice needed on fix

by stoneyboy » Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi bellae91
Check to see if there is an isolating valve between your washer connection and the outside tap. You are looking for a joiner with a screwdriver slot in the middle of it. If the slot is across the pipe it is off.
Regards S

Bellae91
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Outside tap not working and advice needed on fix

by Bellae91 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Thank you. Weve got this sorted now. There was an isolating valve that needed replacing.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:09 am