oven blowing fuse
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
footballman
Labourer
Labourer

oven blowing fuse

by footballman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:13 pm

can anyone help me with my oven
when i switch it onit blows the 13 amp fuse in the cooker socket
its an indeset single fan oven so is on a normal 3 pin 13 amp plug and fuse
any ideas why
thanks

marconii
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: oven blowing fuse

by marconii » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm

[quote="footballman"]can anyone help me with my oven
any ideas why
thanks[/quote]

have you got an up to date fuse box(consumer unit/board)???

it sounds like youve been putting too much water in your oven when cleaning it!!.......this can simply blow a fuse, or trip an MCB on your board, and will continue to do so, untill your oven dries out....thats assuming youve been cleaning it recently.

if not, your oven needs tested.....it may be that your thermostat is on its way out......when you say your oven is on a plug, do you mean it is your
full oven on a plug..or is it hard wired into a cooker connection unit, and you may use your plug to operate the clock/timer etc..??
assuming your full oven to be powered via a plug, you may need to look at the socket you plug int...ie.....is it a spur??......are there more than one spurs??.......does your oven blow the fuse at a specific time whilst your opperating your oven??....................your not very precise in your question......hope this offers some hope...

mark

footballman
Labourer
Labourer

Re: oven blowing fuse

by footballman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

[quote="marconii"][quote="footballman"]can anyone help me with my oven
any ideas why
thanks[/quote]

have you got an up to date fuse box(consumer unit/board)???

it sounds like youve been putting too much water in your oven when cleaning it!!.......this can simply blow a fuse, or trip an MCB on your board, and will continue to do so, untill your oven dries out....thats assuming youve been cleaning it recently.

if not, your oven needs tested.....it may be that your thermostat is on its way out......when you say your oven is on a plug, do you mean it is your
full oven on a plug..or is it hard wired into a cooker connection unit, and you may use your plug to operate the clock/timer etc..??
assuming your full oven to be powered via a plug, you may need to look at the socket you plug int...ie.....is it a spur??......are there more than one spurs??.......does your oven blow the fuse at a specific time whilst your opperating your oven??....................your not very precise in your question......hope this offers some hope...

mark[/quote]

Tried the plug for the oven in a different socket and the light came on and clock worked fan worked but no heat. when i put it back into the orginal oven socket it blew again straigh away

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am