over front door
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arkle1
Labourer
Labourer

over front door

by arkle1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 am

Hello looking for advice regarding a concrete canopy, the canopy was over the front door. Above the canopy was a long crack and also a similar crack in side the house. I was told the weight of the concrete canopy, was causing these cracks so had the canopy cut down. Can i get some advice, what to do next to tidy up, and fill in the outside crack. Its a pebble dash front. Was thinking a bout a new canopy over front door. but not sure how to do it. Also at the side of my front door i have a wooden front and would like to remove and replace with upvc, advice on how to do this please. How much would a professional charge to carry all this work out. Thanks.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

Frankly you are asking a great deal on a site unseen basis and there would be so many assumptions (always very dangerous) that it could render any advice meaningless.

You best bet is to get one or three guys in to look at it and price the job for you. Then you'll know how much to budget for.

Cheers

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:32 pm