DIY Doctor

Paint Sprayer Advice and Avoiding Mist Splatter

Postby justabout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:57 am

Hi, I have treated myself to a paint sprayer and I am hoping someone can advise how to avoid the fine mist of splatter that covers everything in a 4 foot radius when Im using it. I covered all that I could but got caught out by how far the mess travelled. I assume I need to cover the entire room next time, unless there is something I've got wrong in how I use it? Any tips would be great, thanks.
justabout
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby brendontailor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:26 am

Looking for your thoughts on high volume low-pressure paint sprayers, the kind with the paint container that sits on top of the sprayer mechanism. Do they work with water-based/latex paint? I have a regular sprayer with the tank under the nozzle and it works fine with oil paint, but not so well with water base. It's so dry here that paint comes out as a powder and does not stick. Even the latex paint conditioner does not help. Just wondering if the other kind would be better.
brendontailor
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!