Painting costs for painting entire interior of property
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

Firsttimediyer
Labourer
Labourer

Painting costs for painting entire interior of property

by Firsttimediyer » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Hello all. First time home buyer and DIY dummy here hoping people might be able to help me out.

I am looking to get an idea of the price of re-painting the entire interior of a property I am currently looking at making an offer on. (Lounge, Kitchen, Stairs and landing, 2 bedrooms and bathroom). It is a 2 bed terraced circa 1970s house in Northern England with a total floor area of about 65 square metres across two floors.

A few questions then:

- Does £3500 inclusive of VAT sound like a realistic budget for getting everything inside repainted (appreciating its impossible to get an exact price without a painter/decorator seeing the place)?

- Is it possible to save money by stripping the wallpaper of the bedrooms myself rather than getting a decorator to it? And would the saving be big enough to make it worth my while?

- Is it possible to save money by providing materials such as paint myself rather than getting a painter and decorator to supply them?

- Are there any other practical steps that I can take to reduce the cost of the job?

- Are there any practical steps I can take to make the job as easy as possible for a painter and decorator to save them any headaches so that they can just get on with what they do best?

- What questions should I ask a painter and decorator to make sure I am happy with what they are planning to do when receiving a quotation?

Look forward to responses, thanks in advance for the help.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 am