Painting walls after damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Palulah
Labourer
Labourer

Painting walls after damp

by Palulah » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 am

I recently had a small patch of damp appear on my kitchen wall (near the bottom) We had decking butting up to that section on the outside and have since cut it away. The wall is now drying but we are left with bubbled paint with powdery wall underneath.

I want to repaint my kitchen and was wondering what is the best way to prepare the wall? The wall is quite new plaster board.

any ideas? :?:

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects in the DIY Doctor projects section: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

Mary Holland
Labourer
Labourer

Re: free advice

by Mary Holland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 pm

[quote="dcmoore"]Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need[/quote] :D[list] :( [/list]

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:16 am