Pairing Salus Controller with Vokera Compact 29A Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saki
Tradesman
Tradesman

Pairing Salus Controller with Vokera Compact 29A Boiler

Post by saki » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:14 pm

I have a Salus RT305TX controller and a RXRT505 receiver connected to my Vokera 29A boiler. Having been away from home for a few weeks I cannot get the controller/receiver to pair. There are only 3 jumpers in the controller so two are always open. I am assuming the open jumpers should correlate with the switches in the receiver ie if jumper 1 and 3 are open then 1and 3 should be ON in the receiver. Is that correct? I have tried changing jumpers/switches with no luck. Any other tips for getting them to pair?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Pairing Salus Controller with Vokera Compact 29A Boiler

Post by ericmark » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 am

There are a lot of re-badged thermostats, so hard to know which one you have, but I had problems with a thermostat where it gradually over time lost sensitivity and the thermostat had to be moved closer and closer to the receiver until it ended up around 1 meter from the receiver.

So would say step one take the thermostat close to the receiver and see if it will then pair.

I simply don't like cheap wireless thermostats, cheap wired are OK, but for wireless want in the main some fail safe, the Honeywell and like often have a system where if no signal received every 1/2 hour it shuts down.

But the cheaper types I have found only seem to send a signal out once, so if the thermostat sends a signal to switch off, it will not send another until ready to switch on again, so if anything blocks the signal boiler continues to run.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1