Parapet Walls on Permitted Development
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KayaCt
Labourer
Labourer

Parapet Walls on Permitted Development

by KayaCt » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi all

I have a query I hope possibly this comunity can help me with.

In regards to permitted development can parapet walls on a single story flat roof Extention exceed the 3m eves law within 2m of a boundary or Can the parapet go to the max height of 4m?

I am planning an Extention with a warm roof and a roof light and was hopping to hide it all with parapet walls. Problem is to the top side of the coping it comes to 3.2m.

So far a well know internet answering site starting with just..... haven't been able to
Answer
my query, no reply from an architect from txt and trying to actually talk to my local planning officer is a little like peddling a bike with no chain...

So at this point any help would be great.

Thank you

KayaCt
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Parapet Walls on Permitted Development

by KayaCt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 am

So I have found out from my local planning department that parapett walls can be over the 3m eaves height rule when building. Just posting this just in case others come up with a similar query...here is the answer. They did not specify how high but said 3.3m to top side of parapet wall is perfectly acceptable... cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1