part p define scope
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ian00uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

part p define scope

Post by ian00uk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:24 pm

ive just completed my first 2 week practicle at an atl centre and passed my part p defined scope exams etc. I was just wondering what things i can and cant do until i move on to full scope.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Rough guide:
If your kitchen fitter you can install electrical sockets, power circuits and lighting in the kitchen, if your plumber you can fix boilers to outlet plates and commision electric showers etc...
It's should be assosited to the trade your in!
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Unless you are registered with a 'scheme provider' ie elecsa, NAPIT, BRE, BSI, Niceic you can't do much of anything.
Presume you are a qualified electrician already and just doing 'Part-P' add on, WTF is a part p defined scope exam? not a qualification in its own right.
I do hope you havent been taken in by one of these 'scamming college' non recognised 5 day wonder courses.
Even as a 'defined scope' plumber/kitchen fitter you still have to qualify to belong to a scheme with 17th Edition regs etc. have test gear and know how to fill in certs. and register work with building control, who is the course accredited with, C&G's, EAL ??
regards Sparx

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 am

well done sparx, didn't pick up on that you, I thought seeing Ian mentioned define scope that he was registered. My mistake!
Ian you still need to be registerd with a scheme provider. google competent persons. They will insist you have the right qualification to join them each provider is a little different regarding which ones and you'll have to get public liabillity insurances. www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId.
KB

ian00uk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ian00uk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 pm

many thanks for your help

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm