DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Part P

Postby Diesel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:20 am

I have re wired my kitchen to the standard any good electrician would have done, also add a fan with isolator switch in the bathroom to have the work which i have done passed according to part p what shall i now do.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 am


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Too late , you have already broken the law, Keep quiet & hope no one notices!!!!
You MUST tell Bldg Control BEFORE starting any electrical work such as you have done to be legal, or have the work done by part p registered person, there is no other way!!!
Electrical work now a controlled service like gas (CORGI).
This has been so since June 2005, it is taking a long time to be widely known due to poor publicity by 2 Jag's old dept.
See under 'projects' forum part P for more info,
regards SPARX
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics