DIY Doctor

Parts for consumer unit.

Postby happyhacker » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I have a CU with a breaker code DZ47. Where can I get parts for this unit as I want to extend it?

There are a couple of spare "16" rated breakers. What type of circuit are these for (the ring circuits are on "32" rated breakers)?
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 7:51 am


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I think the DZ47 series is made by Yueqing Henghao Electric Co., Ltd [China] they are made in many formats B type and D type single, double and three pole. An internet search shows many suppliers for example Electrical Components Direct but never used these myself.

As to 16A MCB's the rest of Europe has 16A supplying radials as they don't use ring main system and in this country most off peak heaters, immersion heaters, ovens etc would use this size.

Read answer to your other post. Suggest you consider hard before going down DIY route.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2537
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Llanfair Caereinion, Mid Wales.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics