DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby fharris » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 pm

I am looking to extend across the rear of my property under building regs, so extending 3 metres out from the original wall. As I am a mid terrace house this affects both party walls. I am aware of the need to give notice, however if both neighbours provide written consent do I still need a party wall agreement?

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm

If you set up PWA with both neighbours then a surveyor should record the existing condition of the neighbours side before work starts. Without the PWA your neighbours could claim damage to their homes as a result of the work carried out by you.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6321
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby happyhacker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Are you in fact altering or imposing extra load on the party walls?
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 7:51 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics