Party wall Dispute Over Proposed Rear Extension
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

Ritzman
Labourer
Labourer

Party wall Dispute Over Proposed Rear Extension

by Ritzman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 am

Hi

Longtime lurker now in need of some Party Wall advise.

We live in and end terraced house and have planning approved to build a 3m extension across the back of the house. Currently there is a small sloping roof over the kitchen area joining the properties. Our plan is for flat roof over extension and kitchen area and to build parapet wall at the party wall.
The neighbour objected to the original planning saying it was to contemporary but planning was approved with no changes.
Now to party wall notice, I've been in regular contact with neighbours informing them of our plans and asking what information they would need and supplied everything they asked for and then aaked for the party wall notice to sent over for them to sign, so we did thinking they were ok. They have now dissented to the agreement and selected their own surveyor and have come back with a few requests. The construction plans that were drawn up are quite detailed and include details of foundations and supports and wall/floor construction. Are these requests normal? My builder and couple of others I've been in contact with are quite surprised about top couple the others are shown on the construction drawings.
The proposed programme of works;
Contractor’s risk assessments and method statements;
Detail drawing of the proposed raising of the party wall parapet detail and how the roof membrane, flashings etc will be dressed into / over the wall;
Details of whether any further excavation will be required for foundations for the steelwork support piers;
Specification for materials and finish for the works to the party wall;

Thanks for any advice.