party wall dispute
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alggomas
Labourer
Labourer

party wall dispute

by alggomas » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm

I have had buglding planning approved from the council for an extension. I also have plans from my architect who said that the neighbours building brick built garage/shed ,is over my property. He is recommending I get a survey done to establish bounderies etc. He is suggestong that the neighbour built without planning permisssion years ago.
I did not want to fall out with my neighbour so I asked him if he could move the roof further back. He refused. He then said he was willing to survey the party walls using his surveyor at a cost of £2000.00. I have rung for quotes on this and they range from £450-£750. Do i have to pay £2000 for the survey under the party walls act?
My wife wants to pay the council surveyor to do the job.
Advice please.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

party wall act

by welsh brickie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

tell him your getting the council at a much reduced rate,ask him to come round and offer him a beer lay it all out in the open and bend over backwards to accomadate him.If you be open and honest with him things usually work out.In my experience its best to iron out any problems before starting work

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:02 am

Ditto with welsh brickie, but also set a time line as it could run on for months, if not years.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1