DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Party wall help required

Postby zofia999 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Our neighbour wanted to do party wall work, so eventually he served us a notice. However, our party wall surveyor tells us he has done different work to in the drawings in part of the property, and has not been able to get new drawings from the neighbour. He thought building control would have the drawings but they say that they do not have any information about the work we refer to, which relates to the foundations. We are concerned as we would like to know what has been done. What do we do? Also, although our neighbout served us with notice, the property is in fact owned by 3 leaseholders and a freeholder - is that a problem? All very complicated - any advice very gratefully received! Thank you.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 pm

I think your surveyor should have kept an eye on the progress of the work and been involved in any foundation works. He should be being paid by your neighbour.
Suggest you contact building control and see if they can help with details of the inspections they have made.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4819
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics