Paslode First Fix Nail Gun - anybody used ?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
conks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Paslode First Fix Nail Gun - anybody used ?

by conks » Wed May 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi,

Has anybody used a Paslode first fix nail gun?

I've picked one up today from Brandons to use for fixing ceiling noggins but I can't get it to work?

I've placed in the battery, then the gas bottle, inserted the nails and released the clip.

I place down on the timber, it makes a whirling noise but when pressing the trigger, nothing happens?

I would think that it's the gas bottle. I opened up the cover, placed the bottle in but it doesn't stay/click into the little red plastic holder. When I close the lid, it doesn't seem to click shut either?

Any hints & tips as to what the problem could be.

Thanks.

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by sweetorb » Thu May 14, 2009 4:46 pm

hi conks

ive found with my paslode gun that it doesnt like working at certain angles,is the one uve hired an orange tipped one? try it on a peice if timber on the ground or wotever and play around with the angle of fire.

also,check the batterey light on the handle,if its flashing orange/red then the batts dying,ive found although they sposed to be fast charge,if they sat around for a while they take quite a while to charge,wait till the chargers indicating that its absolutely fully charged!

also,the gas. check the date on the gas canister,they have very short shelf lives,if its been sat around at hire shop,merchants (if uve bin and bought a nail pack) 4 a while then maybe its dead. also worth mentioning that nowadays you have to look at the canister and head (4 want of a better word..!!) cos when they packed they dont load the canister head properly onto the canister,u have to make the final click to locate the plastic head onto the canister,if u hold it up in front of u ul c wot i mean,itll be obvious. when i load my paslode with gas i also give it a coupla squirts into the locating tube within the gun 2 "prime" it,dont know if this does anything but ive seen a few chipies do it..??!!

hope anything ive said helps,if not,take it back and get another one,its knackered!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:04 am