DIY Doctor

Patch Plaster at Window Frame Joint With hollow wall - How to Fix?

Postby sam182sam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:01 pm

I've just removed the old, terribly applied caulk around a window in my new house. The window has a bay sill, such that the wall on either side of it is at an obtuse angle to the window, rather than at 90 degrees. Some plaster crumbled and fell through into the hollow wall at the joint with the UPVC frame. Filler and caulk will also fall through. How can I repair this hole for caulking?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 pm

there are 2 ways, either cut some expanding metal and fill the gap with it then replaster. Or use expanding foam, cut it back when set, and replaster
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics