Patio Quotes and Sub-Bases
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

peteski2012
Labourer
Labourer

Patio Quotes and Sub-Bases

by peteski2012 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi all

Over the course of the last few weeks I've had a couple of quotes for a patio (very small area). Interestingly both came back with quotes that when I asked them did not include laying any MOT1 and just bedding them on compacted sand with a wet mix above. In the forum posts I've read through on here and elsewhere it seems that there is no common consensus on what to do. In I think most cases MOT is recommended but it seems there is no definitive yes or no/use or don't bother. Both said given it's only for light foot traffic laying MOT is not really necessary. For everyone out there who does this work and has experience of having had a patio laid what are people's thoughts on this? My feeling is MOT should be used for greater stability and for longevity but is it overkill for a 3m by 3m area? Seriously confused on this one! Am I being judgmental in thinking its them using short cuts to get the job done quicker?

Cheers!

It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:37 am