Paving and Levelling a Sloped Garden and wall erection
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

vik
Labourer
Labourer

Paving and Levelling a Sloped Garden and wall erection

by vik » Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am

Hi all,

I have a sloped garden and I want to pave it. I got the first bit done by the contractor but would like to attemp the second half myself. I am planning to hire a digger to dug 2ft deep trench, fill it with concret to build the holding wall. I would also like to build the wall as a fence instead of wooden fence. I live in High Wycombe and my main concern is if 2 ft deep trench is enough for foundation and to make a solid wall. I got the annex built and they had similar depth for the foundation. The ground in my area is quiet solid and stoney (sorry for the lack of word). Is 2 ft depth enought for foundation ? Is it necessary for me to have a iron skelton in the foundation ? I am not building a massvie wall but just a single block wall 1 meter high.

Secondly since my I am paving the garden, the council said the water in my property should drain within my property. My plan is to keep a portion of the garden unpaved to soak the water and also run a french drain parrell to the garden wall and holding wall in the middle of the garden. Will this be enought to keep the garden from flooding or any rain water issues?

Thanks in advance

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm