Peeling Bathroom Ceiling Emulsion After Bathroom Revamp
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

GraemeS
Labourer
Labourer

Peeling Bathroom Ceiling Emulsion After Bathroom Revamp

by GraemeS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi Folks,

First time posting, so apologies if I don't include enough info first time round.

I recently completed a complete revamp of our bathroom, which include wetwall and lowering the ceiling... it was all good for the first week or so, then the emulsion on the ceiling starting to flake/peel. The wetwall is on a coombe (sloped) wall with the ceiling lowered to meet this wall. I have tried sanding it back and recoating (I was using Johnstones Acrylic Durable Matt). It happened again, so I sanded back again, filled with plaster, then put a coat of Zinnsser BIN on the affected area and another 2 coats of the Johstons Matt again. Its the area directly above the shower and we do get a lot of condensation in the bathroom, despite majorly upgrading the extractor fan as part of the refurb. so that area of the ceiling does get wet

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how I resolve this once and for all?

Cheers

Graeme

It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:03 am