Peeling Paint in Bedroom After Plaster Reskimmed
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hannahboothy
Labourer
Labourer

Peeling Paint in Bedroom After Plaster Reskimmed

by Hannahboothy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:31 am

So, I had my sons bedroom reskimmed. After the plaster had dried a gave the walls a coat of normal matt emulsion (I now know this should have been watered down) I then applied 2 coats of silk emulsion. Fast forward 2 months and everything has been fine until I wiped part of the wall with a wet wipe and the day after the paint had formed a bubble like skin which I have been able to just peel off taking the rest of the silk emulsion with it but leaving the coat of matt emulsion that's underneath behind. Why has this happened and what can I do to stop this problem from happening again?

K.PMaintenance
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Peeling Paint in Bedroom After Plaster Reskimmed

by K.PMaintenance » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:51 am

So I have worked along side a couple of plasterers and I am a painter and decorator how we get past this issue is

When the wall has been re skimed the wall can have a mirror like effect when u look right down the wall this normally causes bad adhesion of the paint to the plaster

Trying going over your wall with 120grit sand paper before or painting to scratch up that surface and allow for better contact

Another tip when painting onto fresh plaster get a bucket off water and add in some pva then apply this solution to the walls prior to painting

If your still stuck
Please call 07516011354
I would be more that happy to try give you more information

anthony martin
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Peeling Paint in Bedroom After Plaster Reskimmed

by anthony martin » Sat May 04, 2019 12:07 pm

full strip im afraid then one coat PVA (waterproof version only) thined down 50/50
then use any brand , job done

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 am