Permimeter Drainage and Concreting Fall Under Window
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Deathstar1991
Labourer
Labourer

Permimeter Drainage and Concreting Fall Under Window

Post by Deathstar1991 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:07 pm

Hello,

Had some problems with some tradesman and had to do some bits myself. Had the building inspector help out in areas as he could see I go screwed.

I'm in the last stretch and need a bit of advice. The path on the left is the neighbours and the brick garden wall is going back up. The external of the new clockwork has been tanked. Can I concrete under the window with a fall going into an aco drain running parralel under the window?

any suggestions?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Permimeter Drainage and Concreting Fall Under Window

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm

Hi deathstar1991,
Suggest that to make good you extend the accodrain and utilise the surface water connection (where the downpipe and gutter are discharging). Run a new pipe from the accodrain channel into the surface water connection. Concrete in with a weak mix. Fit an access plate on the top of the black pipe for maintenance and lay slabs to make good.
Regards S

Deathstar1991
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Deathstar1991 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:37 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi deathstar1991,
Suggest that to make good you extend the accodrain and utilise the surface water connection (where the downpipe and gutter are discharging). Run a new pipe from the accodrain channel into the surface water connection. Concrete in with a weak mix. Fit an access plate on the top of the black pipe for maintenance and lay slabs to make good.
Regards S

So carry the aco drain along and feed it into the inspection chamber?...

As the aco is set about 5/6 inches from wall running parallel what would I put behind here? Gravel?

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi deathstar1991,
Provided the accodrain will be below DPC level, fill behind the acco channel with a weak concrete mix - you don't want the channel to move.
Regards S

Deathstar1991
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Deathstar1991 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 am

The dpc is bellow ground by about 3/4 inches. That's why the wall has been tanked internally and externally.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi deathstar1991,
Tanking will help but with your DPC below ground level you are likely to experience rising damp.
Regards S

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am