DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Permitted Development or Full Planning for Orangery Coming off Extension?

Postby VW TOPCAT » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi ,
Hoping you guys could help clear something up for me.
I have a semi detached house with an existing double extension across half the back ( on the side farthest away from party wall ). I plan to build an orangery coming out 5.5m and across 3.5m ( on the other side so starting on the party wall ) this will stagger the existing double extension slightly. I've had an architect round today who has advised I would need to apply for full planning ( rather than permitted development neighbour consent scheme ) as one of the new side walls will come off the existing double extension and not off the original rear wall of the house. I've looked on the planning portal and can see no mention of this being a requirement , it would appear as long as the extension is no further out than 6 metres I only require permitted development (NCS), theres no mention to apply for full planning if one of the side orangery walls comes off an existing extension to the house. Any help would be appreciated thank you
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:58 pm

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics