All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clarkylad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PERSISTANT RUNNING OF WATER FROM TAP AND TOILET AFTER USE

by clarkylad » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi

i wonder if anyone out there can assist me with an irritating problem we have. When we have used our swan neck kitchen tap and turned it off, about 30 to 40 seconds later water starts pouring out of the tap for a few seconds. The same problem happens with the loo after it has been flushed, water will pour into the toilet bowl for several seconds but again this is only after about 30to 40 seconds after flushing. A local plumber told me it was because of the swan neck tap having an air lock in it, but that doesnt account for the toilet doing the same thing. we have recently (June 08) had a worcester/bosch boiler fitted. Would that have anything to do with this problem

thanks for your time

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

clarkylad,
The tap is only emptying the contents of the swan neck - its a feature of this type of tap. If you have a different nozzle for the tap try that.
The loo could be scaled up this holding back a quantity of water - does the loo flush properly or do you have lots of lurkers.
The boiler has nothing to do with these problems.
end

clarkylad
Apprentice
Apprentice

by clarkylad » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi
Thanks for your response, the loo seem to flush ok and no, there are no 'lurkers'. How can i check if the loo is scaled up and if so, what do i need to do to rectify this problem.

Thanks again and all the best for xmas!!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:56 pm

clarkylad,
Do you happen to know what sort of flushing mechanism you have? Is it a siphon type (usually has a lever) or plunger type (usually has push buttons)
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 pm