Pilot light wont stay on.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Old geezer
Labourer
Labourer

Pilot light wont stay on.

by Old geezer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi all, I have a Baxi Bermuda gas fire/back boiler,potterton EP2002 controller,Honeywell F3-9513 2-port valve and Danfos seletric pump.I recently replaced the motorised valve motor (with a Synchron original) compatible one and all was well.But 5 days later the hot water didn`t work,(timer on) but CH was working fine.Now the pilot light won`t stay on longer than 1 minute after the burner kicks in. What`s causing this? I have noticed today that there`s an intermittent buzzing sound off the micro-switch on MV,but when manually pressed,you hear the water rushing through the pipes,so presume it`s working? Or should I just replace the whole motorised valve assembly? Would this stop the pilot light from staying on? Any help would be grateful,as I`m ggeeetttiinnngg ccccoolllddd, thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:26 pm

It's most likely to be a dirty pilot, most of them have an oxy-pilot - that may need cleaning, if it's one of the older models then it'll probably need a new thermocouple.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1