PINK glue stain showing through new wallpaper and stainstop
DIY hints, tips and solutions to the removal and repair of marked and stained areas

madyaker
Labourer
Labourer

PINK glue stain showing through new wallpaper and stainstop

by madyaker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:26 am

I have always had a pink stain coming through the gloss paint around the archatrive of my 2 lounge doors. This has never bothered me too much as its not hugely noticeable and a quick lick of paint every 6 months hides the problem untill I have enough time to fix it properly. I've never known whether it's a glue or a wood treament thats come through.

However I have recently redecorated the the room, removed a dado rail from the walls and rewallpapered it's taken less than 2 weeks for a pink stain to show through the new wallpaper. It's obviously the glue from the dado rails.

Dont have time to totally redecorate again so have decided to just put a border around to cover the tramlines but before doing that I have covered the lines with stainstop paint. The lines have shown through almost immmediatly.

I don`t want to go any further untill I can stop this stuff showing through the paint. Can anyone tell me what it is and how i can get rid of it totally.

Many thanks

It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm