Pipe noise after new boiler installed
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stratfordupavon
Labourer
Labourer

Pipe noise after new boiler installed

by stratfordupavon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi,

We have Heatrae Sadia Amptec 9KW electric central heating boiler and 125 litre high efficiency hot water cylinder installed to replace the old powermax 155x gas boiler.

Then I started hearing running water noise from the celling of my bathrooms even when the boiler and central heating are switched off.

I also switched off my main cold water supply and flushed my toilet but the noise is still there.

So my best guess the is the noise caused by the central heating system.

Will the water or air in the central heating pipes make noise even when the boiler is switched off?

When I called the installer, they told me I need to check with my neighbour to see whether their toilets are having overflow. But will their toilet started having problem on the same day my new boiler get installed? Even they did happened, as I never be able to hear my neighbour flushing their toilet, I should also not be able to hear their toliet overflow.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

happyhacker
Tradesman
Tradesman

by happyhacker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Turn off the mains and wait a bit. Go into the loft and listen and trace if possible. If quite put a largish scredriver on the mains tap (still off) and put the handle gently to your forehead. You will/should "hear" the noise. This may be a leak up to your house. If there turn off the street tap. Repeat test. If not there call the supplier to trace the leak.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1