planning for extending garden
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pricey22
Labourer
Labourer

planning for extending garden

by pricey22 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:08 pm

I'am the end terraced house and behind our row of houses we have a private car park for use by the owners of the houses, nobody really uses the car park as everybody parks at the front, the car park is getting run down now, with fencing broken etc, so it is becoming i eye sore, i contacted my local council about if we could extend our garden out but he says planning permission would be refused! i have explained to him that it doesnt get used and that it being run down is only gonna get worse!even though he says he understands my views he still doesnt think planning would be approved. does anybody know if there is anything i can do to change the council mind?

thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

planning permission

by welsh brickie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:49 pm

find out who owns the land first at the deeds office.you may be able to buy it.Ask the neighbours if you can fence off the area and clean it up if no one objects you can own the land legally after 7 years have passed

pricey22
Labourer
Labourer

by pricey22 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm

hi, the car park belongs to our houses, there are two spaces per house ,people have said just to fence it off but knowing my luck the council would find out, i have spoke to my neighbour and she said she would do it and the majority of the othe houses are people renting so cant see them paying out the cost for fencing etc,

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:19 pm

[quote="pricey22"]hi, the car park belongs to our houses, there are two spaces per house ,people have said just to fence it off but knowing my luck the council would find out, i have spoke to my neighbour and she said she would do it and the majority of the othe houses are people renting so cant see them paying out the cost for fencing etc,[/quote]

Unfortunatly thats the problem,Fork out for the fencing but leave a locked access gate that way if anyone does object just unlock it.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1