Planning for Neighbours Summer House Built on Decking
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Isthisok21
Labourer
Labourer

Planning for Neighbours Summer House Built on Decking

by Isthisok21 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:59 am

Hi just looking for advice. Our neighbours have built their own decking at the back of their garden and now built a summerhouse on top of that. Their garden is on a slope, which slopes down from our side.

To me, the decking is higher than 30cm to start with but can't measure it. They have now placed a summerhouse on top of the diy decking which comes approx 3 ft higher than the 6ft boundary fence, due to hight of the decking. It's right next to our boundary.

Does this need planning? I know max height of a 'shed' close to boundary is 2.5m but what about on raised decking?

I know the back of our plot is higher, that is the ground level that's always been there, but there's has also been the level of our lower garden level.

The side window of the summerhouse looks into our house and when they are stood on decking they can see right in to our house, feels so invasive. They can see everything we do in our garden when they are on it too.

Also, they have placed it so that any rainwater coming off the roof falls into our garden, which is obviously going to puddle.

I've attached images to try explain what they've done.

Many thanks.
Attachments
phpk9FvNqPM.jpg
phpe3tyiPPM.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Planning for Neighbours Summer House Built on Decking

by stoneyboy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi isthisok21
Suggest you report it to you local planning department and let them investigate. Be persistent, they may try to ignore you and hope you will give up.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1