Planning Permision
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Steve1234
Labourer
Labourer

Planning Permision

by Steve1234 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:46 am

I have a small detached house which when I bought had a detached garage to the side approx 1 yard from the side of house. Approx 10 years ago I converted garage plus the yard gap into a dining rom. I dont think it would have passed buidingregs (mainly due to internal height) Because of this and lack of funds I did not apply for planning permission.
This conversion has been fine but now I am thinking of moving or possibly building extension over garage and then moving.

My concern is if I put in planning application will the council say well that should not be there and tell me to knock it down or will building regulations come round and find fault with everything.

I quite expect to rebuild if I choose to build the extension. What I dont want to happen is apply for the permission cause a hornets nest for myself and then not build the extension anyway

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Steve1234,
Doubtful whether the LA will be able to do anything you are well beyond the timescale where they can take action.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1