Planning Permission Accepted - Question
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glenn10
Labourer
Labourer

Planning Permission Accepted - Question

by glenn10 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm not really sure if this comes under 'DIY' - but there seems to be alot of useful information on here with regards to planning permission, so was wondering if anyone would be able to help.

To cut a very long story short (and to try and cut out my bias on the subject), a neighbour of ours has had the following list of attempted/successful planning permission for a small plot of land behind his house:
*A five bedroom detached house - rejected by County Council
*A three bedroom detached house - rejected by County Council
*A three bedroom detached house - accepted on appeal by Borough Council, with condition that it cannot be made larger
*Appeal made to remove conditions to Council - failed
*Appeal made to remove conditions to Secretary of State - failed

The appeal made to the secretary of state basically said that it was crazy to build ANYTHING on the plot of land due to the large list of reasons, and that trying to make it any bigger was simply ridiculous.

What I want to know is that seeing he currently has planning permission for a three bedroom house (which he clearly doesnt want - wants a five bed) is there anything I can do to appeal against this being constructed? It is clear from the sec of states rejected letter that this application should not have been accepted in the first place.

Any help would be much appreciated![/list][/list]

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 pm

glenn10,
"is there anything I can do to appeal against this being constructed?" I think you can appeal to the High Court but this has to be done by a Barrister - ££££££s. Your appeal can only be on the basis that the Council/Inspector did not follow procedures properly and the best outcome you could expect is that a different Inspector will be appointed.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1