PLANNING PERMISSION TO EXPIRE
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
happy1
Labourer
Labourer

PLANNING PERMISSION TO EXPIRE

by happy1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi

Wonder if anyone can give advice?
Planning Permission expires in 7 weeks for 2 storey side extension and single on back with a Porch on front.

Due to legal issues (out of my hands) for the time being I want to do the minimum possible to save the Planning Permission.
So I asked Planners if they would allow the footings being started for the Porch only.
They agreed, then corrected themselves saying that due to one side of the Porch being attatched to side extension pillar I now cant.

Does anyone know of any technical terms for building regs to allow me to join footings (concrete)? or if I started to dig out footings for all the Extension is this classed as starting? and if not is there a time limit from digging to filling in with concrete.
Hope this makes sense ? Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:56 pm

happy1,
Just starting digging the foundations is not enough - you will have to form the complete footings. The BI will want to see the trench both before and after pouring the concrete. Leaving the trench open will be a safety issue and the sides may well collapse.
Bite the bullet, form the foundations and then cover them again if you are not ready to get building.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1