plaster repair
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ruff cut
Labourer
Labourer

plaster repair

by ruff cut » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi all this is my first post on this forum so bare with me. I have a large plaster repair to do at home i took off a dado rail and a load of plaster with it leaving just exposed brick. i want to board this area and re skim as opposed to floating (to messy). The plaster is 15mm thick, would i get away with 9.5mm board dot and dabbed to brick or would that bring it out proud of the existing plaster. or could i use mechanical fixings i looked on british gypsums site and saw nailable plugs,can you skim over these??any advice would be appreciated. ps what about normal screws and plugs??

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:20 pm

9.5mm are fine, dot bad method best using wall adheshive, leave about 3mm of board recessed back so can apply plaster finish.
KB

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:08 pm