Plasterboard in bathroom
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FanPilot
Labourer
Labourer

Plasterboard in bathroom

by FanPilot » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi all,

I have had a problem with damp, apparently condensation leaking from a ventilator unit in the bathroom of my flat. Now, I have not seen this (yet, though I will be taking a look on Thursday) but I have photos of the damage.

I have had a quote for the room to be repaired with 12.5mm Foil backed plasterboard but it is a bit out of my budget, so am looking to make most of the repair myself and just get the plasterer in to do the plastering.

In the photos, it looks like a suspended ceiling. There appears to be galvanised support bar crossing the room, at about 3 foot centers (TBC). Somehow, the plasterboard was fastened to this.

So... a couple of questions.

1. How do I fasten the boards to the support bars?

2. Which side up / down? Foil side hidden?

Any other hints or advice you can impart as well would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Plasterboard in bathroom

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 am

you fasten the plasterboard using drywall screws for metal.You will need a cordless drill,or drywall screwdriver.
The foil faces the metal.You dont have to use plasterboard,you can cover the ceiling in tounge&groove timber,or pvc cladding if you wish,for a different finish.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:34 am