plastering one side edges
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

plastering one side edges

by armytouch » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 am

hi,how can you can a straight edge on only one side,cant use beading or will have to plaster other side of wall,cant seem to get straight solid edge,keeps breaking away,any ideas????
thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 pm

armytouch,
you need to fix up a straight edge, (normally wood) the full length of other side of corner and trowel in to that.
KB

Aidan
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Aidan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:32 pm

If you are plastering i would use a plaster stop bead which is like a bead but only for one side, i'd fix with either nails or dryline adhesive depending what you are fixing to, then leave to set and plaster to that. If rendering or dashing you can get a similar stop bead but i prefer to use wood as posted above so that it doesn't rust, if you do use a bead when the render has set smear it clear silicone down the thick edge (the edge that will take all the weather as this will help protect it from rust, only silicone the bead edge though

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

thanks

by armytouch » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm

thanks for replies but stop end for rendering to deep,i am plastering an inside wall a archway but only one side needs doing i cant nail batton onto other side will cause damage to wall,also if used batton surely when dry an remove it will crack n breakoff plaster,any other suggestions getting straight edge on only one side of external corner with plaster finish without causing cracking away.thanks again

Aidan
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Aidan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 pm

I still don't know what you are doing, plastering or rendering????

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:34 pm