plastering
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paul65
Apprentice
Apprentice

plastering

by paul65 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:22 pm

could anyone advise me when plastering a large area is it possible to seperate in to two halfs leaving a inch gap or so then go back and ptch in thanks in advance :)

AndyB
Tradesman
Tradesman

by AndyB » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi,I've just finished a ceiling of about 30m2.Had to do it twice because I tried to do it in one go the first time.The plaster where I started had gone off before I,d even finished the full ceiling.The second attempt, I decided to do it in sections( 4 in all).Did the first quarter,finished and polished it up, then got a straight edge and scored a straight line with a stanley knife down the edge and scraped the rough edge away with a trowel,to leave a perfectly straight line,then started the next section and plastered up to this line,leaving no gap.It took me two days because I'm not a professional plasterer but it looks fantastic and you cant see the joints.Might not be the professional way but it worked.PS I did PVA each section before I plastered. Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:25 pm