DIY Doctor

Plastic cap for Ceramic Tap Glands...please help

Postby knockyoak » Sun May 31, 2009 11:35 am

Hi everyone

First post and this one aint gonna be easy to explain unless I can attach a photo :?

Anyhow, I have a kitchen mono mixer tap that has been leaking. I have replaced the ceramic tap gland (for the hot water tap) and its stopped the leak. However when I was removing the old ceramic tap I broke a plastic cap which fitted to the top of it which the tap handle itself then fitted onto. The problem I have now is that I have stopped the leak but the tap handle wont turn properly as this plastic cap is used to make the tap handle turn properly. My tap doesnt have a manufacturers make on it. Does anyone know where I can buy this plastic cap or does anyone else have any other ideas apart from buying a complete new tap unit.

I have searched the web but cant find anything or any sites that stock these type of parts.


Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 11:26 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics