Please advise me about DG repair estimates
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cercleforet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please advise me about DG repair estimates

by cercleforet » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:18 pm

5 of my units of various sizes in the main house and conservatory have misted window panes, internally. I have emailed locally and have received estimates ranging from £185 with 10 year warranty to £290 with 5 year warranty.

Superficially they all seem to offer the same service, remove old sealed unit and fit new. But with such prices and warranty differences, I think I may be missing something. (No! Not a screw icon_smile.gif ).

Are there more questions I should ask of the firms to ensure that I get a good job at reasonable price?

BTW I live on the Hants Dorset border.

glazier7
Apprentice
Apprentice

by glazier7 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am

Hi i run i dg repair business in East Anglia, so cant help, advice is free, all units should come with a 10yr warranty, the price of glass units depend on the type of glass used, eg, toughened, obscure etc. if you send me the sizes i can tell you what you should be paying.

cercleforet
Apprentice
Apprentice

by cercleforet » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:10 pm

@glazier7 Thanks for the offer of advice. :)

Measurement details are are in cms (approximate):
1@ 86 x 51 exterior fiitted(6 sections divided by white bars).
All except the above are plain.
1@ 108 x96 interior fitted
2@ 29 x 23 interior fitted
1@ 26 x 32 interior fitted

I should think that the first two would have been fitted a bit earlier than the latter, which are in the conservatory. I am wondering if there may be a matching problem with the white bars. Is there any source of reference to patterns hidden on the web? BTW are East Anglian rates much the same as SW Hants?

Thanks once again.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am