PLEASE HELP Architects plans are wrong
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
icekool67
Labourer
Labourer

PLEASE HELP Architects plans are wrong

by icekool67 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:53 pm

HI
I'VE JUST HAD THE BUILDING INSPECTOR CALL AT MY HOME AND HE'S SAID THAT THE ARCHITECTS PLANS ARE WRONG FOR THE FLOOR TO MY LOFT CONVERSION.
THE ARCHITECT HAS DRAWN THAT ALL THE INTERNAL WALLS OF MY BUNGALOW ARE LOAD BEARING, BUT INFACT THEY ARE ONLY 3" BREESE WALLS AND THE PLASTER BOARDS RUN ABOVE THE WALLS AND THEN THE CEILING JOISTS .
THE NEW FLOOR JOISTS ARE 6" X 2" AND CARRY OVER THE WALLS

HOW DO I STAND IN RECTIFYING THE PROBLEM WITH BUILDING REGS AND THE ARCHITECT AND COULD I GET THE ARCHITECT TO FOOT THE BILL FOR ALL THE WORK TO BE DONE :(

arbco
Ganger
Ganger

by arbco » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Not uncommon I'm affriad but I would initially suggest spekaing to your Architect and ask if he/she will re design to take into account the errors in the survey.

If he/she does not help check if they are actually an Architect and registered as you may have some recourse with the RIBA. Proffessional poeple must carry indemnity insurance etc. If they are not proffessionally qualified then it will be the small claims court etc.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm